In India, you should (ideally!) start something on a sweet note..... now since I'm diabetic, I cheated on this one!
But this recipe makes these gorgeous, slightly sweet, very dense brownies!!
Bon Appetit - Fifi !
Ingredients: 1 1/2 cup sugar (I substituted 1/2 cup of Splenda!)
3/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup butter (melted)
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
walnuts / hazelnuts (optional, but of course you've got to put them in!!)
Method: - Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs and melted butter
- Do this by hand until the dry ingredients are just about incorporated into the wet and stop (The more you stir it, it accelerates the production of gluten)
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line a 9" x 13" pan with parchment
- Pour in the batter and spread it out
- Bake at 325 F or 165 C for 20-30 minutes till a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clear.
- Lift the parchment out of the dish. Peel the edges and cool before slicing.