Wednesday 22 February 2012

Starting on a Sweet Note.... Brownies!

In India, you should (ideally!) start something on a sweet note..... now since I'm diabetic, I cheated on this one!
But this recipe makes these gorgeous, slightly sweet, very dense brownies!!
Bon Appetit - Fifi !




Perfect Brownies!

Ingredients: 1 1/2 cup sugar (I substituted 1/2 cup of Splenda!)
3/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup butter (melted)
3/4 cup flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup chocolate chips
walnuts / hazelnuts (optional, but of course you've got to put them in!!)

Method: - Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs and melted butter
- Do this by hand until the dry ingredients are just about incorporated into the wet and stop (The more you stir it, it accelerates the production of gluten)
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line a 9" x 13" pan with parchment
- Pour in the batter and spread it out 
- Bake at 325 F or 165 C for 20-30 minutes till a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clear.
- Lift the parchment out of the dish. Peel the edges and cool before slicing. 

1 comment:

Tripti Jacob said...

Hi,
I stumbled upon your blog by accident but this recipe looked so good I had to try it. I'm a sucker for brownies and have tried several recipes so far.
I always believe you need cooking chocolate for the best brownies but chocolate chips are the perfect substitute and so easy too.
I loved the brownies... actually starting from the ease of making them (no cream butter and sugar..then add etc,etc........just mix it all together!)
Overall a bit sweet for my taste so I may go with only a cup of sugar next time...but that was just me. My husband loved them and I had to hide the box from my one and a half year old daughter so that she'd have room for dinner. Amazing recipe. Thank you.